Assistant Accounts Payable Clerk
Posted: Closing date: 27th Jun 2022
Department: Finance Reports to: Finance Team Leader
We are delighted that due to our continued success we have a vacancy for an Assistant Accounts Payable Clerk in our Finance team. This is a temporary role for 3-6 months.
You will be responsible for providing effective support to the Accounts Payable Clerk in all areas, ensuring all Howorth purchase invoices and supplier payments are processed efficiently and within agreed deadlines. In addition, you will assist the General Finance Assistant with the processing of expenses (training provided).
• Process purchase invoices - register and process for logging or posting.
• Matching invoices against purchase orders and GRN.
• Manage supplier payments, both domestic and foreign, including ad-hoc proforma invoice payments.
• Distribute invoices for sign-off and ensure invoices are returned authorised in time for processing.
• Chase VAT invoices to ensure they are received in a timely manner.
• Liaise with the purchasing department on price or quantity discrepancies and on the booking in of goods.
• Update payment forecasts.
• Post supplier payments, DD's etc.
• Monthly supplier statement reconciliations and pursue outstanding invoices.
• Communicate with site to ensure information regarding delivery of materials is received and correct.
• Minimum 3 years experience as an Accounts Payable Clerk.
• Microsoft Office Excel (Intermediate), Microsoft Word (Basic/Intermediate)
• Knowledge of financial information systems - preferably Sage.
• Sage Line 50 experience.
Closing date for applications is 27th June 2022 with competency based interviews taking place after this date.
To register your interest or find out more details;
Contact: Liz Knox, HR Officer