Our longest serving employee retires
It is with fond memories we say farewell to our longest serving employee, Alf Daniels, who has retired this week. Affectionately known as Alf ‘van’ Daniels, he had been with Howorth for 47 years!
Here are a few of his highlights.
• Alf started with the company in 1974 working in the stores before becoming a driver and grinder.
• He was reputedly the quickest grinder in the North West!
• During his time as a driver he delivered Exflow UCV’s to all corners of Great Britain and probably to over 80% of hospitals.
• Long before SAT NAV he relied on his very own ALF NAV which meant he frequently got lost!
• He always had a great sense of humour, a smile on his face and a one liner for every occasion.
• He has a heart of gold and would go out of his way to help people out, often helping them move house or build a fence out of old pallets.
• On a trip to Blackpool, as part of a charity bike ride, Alf picked up some rock for his grandkids only to realise when he got home that it was ‘rude rock’ with swear words written on it!
Best wishes Alf and a happy retirement from everyone at Howorth Air Tech.